Medical & Science Editing Services
Polish the English language in medical or research manuscripts, cover letters, abstracts, responses to reviewers, grant applications, posters, and more
Work directly with you until you are 100% satisfied with the English language in your project
Achieve positive reader/reviewer responses by spotting potential issues, from the title to the conclusions, and offering sound advice to avoid negative reviewer feedback
Ensure a concise, clear, and consistent document in which the facts are accurate and the logic flow is clear and organized
Confirm no grammar, spelling, or punctuation mistakes
Format to target journal preferences
Learn how Onboard Editing works directly with you
To get started right now: Contact Onboard Editing!
6 Steps to Your Polished Research Paper
1. Email your manuscript text, figures, legends, tables, and cover letter to Onboard Editing. Include the name of your target journal, if you have decided on one. Provide the date you would like your manuscript finished.
2. Onboard Editing will reply with a quote for the cost of editing. The exact cost depends on the complexity and length of the manuscript and how soon you would like it completed. We will also let you know when your manuscript with the suggested revisions will be returned to you.
3. If you agree with the cost and timeline, let us know which payment option you prefer: Bank Wire Transfer or PayPal. Payment must be received before editing can begin.
4. Onboard Editing uses the track changes feature of Microsoft Word, so you can accept or reject each suggestion. The suggested edits will be returned to you via email.
5. You review and accept or reject each suggested edit, clarify points the editor misunderstood, and ask questions.
6. Return the manuscript with any questions and clarifications to Onboard Editing. Your editor will answer your questions, incorporate your suggestions, and return the polished manuscript to you via email on or before the agreed date.
Email or WeChat directly with the owner of Onboard Editing, Thressa Smith
About Thressa Smith, PhD
Thressa Smith, Owner of Onboard Editing
I earned a copyediting certificate from the University of California, San Diego, after more than 15 years at the bench conducting primary research in neuroscience, pharmacology, drug addiction, and drug discovery.
I also have a BS in physiology and a PhD in pharmacology and toxicology. As a freelance medical and science editor for individuals and organizations worldwide, including the JAMA Network journals, I have helped hundreds of professors, physicians, postdoctoral fellows, nurses, and graduate students publish their research in high-impact English-language journals.
I am an active member of the Editorial Freelancers Association and the Coastal Women’s Forum. I can also be found on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Curious how Onboard Editing was named?
Check out this 1-minute video! Note the incorrect use of “it’s” instead of “its” in the title. Even editors need editors!