Medical & Science Editing Services
- Polish the language in medical or research manuscripts, cover letters, abstracts, responses to reviewers, grant applications, posters, and more.
- Spot potential issues with abstracts, tables, figures, methods, statistics, titles, text, and conclusions, and offer suggestions that keep these elements consistent with the presented results to achieve positive reader/reviewer responses.
- Ensure a concise, clear, and consistent document in which the facts are accurate and the logic flow is clear and organized.
- Confirm no grammar, spelling, or punctuation mistakes.
- Format to your target journal’s preferences.
6 Steps to Your Polished Paper
- Email your manuscript text, figures, legends, tables, and cover letter to ThressaSmith@OnboardEditing.com. Include the name of your target journal, if known. Provide the date you would like your manuscript finished.
- Thressa will reply with a quote for the cost of editing. The exact cost depends on the complexity and length of the manuscript and how soon you would like it completed. She will also let you know when she will return your manuscript with the suggested revisions.
- If you agree with the cost and timeline, let Thressa know which payment option you prefer: Bank Wire Transfer or PayPal. Payment must be received before editing can begin.
- Thressa uses the track changes feature of Microsoft Word, so you can accept or reject each suggestion. Thressa will return the suggested edits to you via email.
- You review and accept or reject each suggested edit, clarify points Thressa misunderstood, and ask questions.
- Return the manuscript with any questions and clarifications to Thressa. She will answer your questions, incorporate your suggestions, and return the polished manuscript to you via email on or before the agreed date.
Email ThresssaSmith@OnboardEditing.com or WeChat directly
I earned a copyediting certificate from the University of California, San Diego, after more than 15 years at the bench conducting primary research in neuroscience, pharmacology, drug addiction, and drug discovery.
I have a BS in physiology and a PhD in pharmacology and toxicology. As a freelance medical and science editor for individuals and organizations worldwide, including the JAMA Network journals, I have helped hundreds of professors, physicians, postdoctoral fellows, nurses, and graduate students publish their research in high-impact English-language journals.